Are you planning a holiday adventure or long trip and you need to bring your pet along for the ride too. In Rwanda, we understand that your pet is part of the family and will therefore be joining you on your travels.
Pets can be allowed in rental cars as long as you adhere to their terms and conditions, largely related to keeping the car clean and looked after. For the majority of responsible pet owners this is not a problem.
The best advice is, when making your booking to check with the specific agent’s terms and conditions. The main concern a rental agent will have is in relation to the cleanliness of the car and an additional fee could be applied if the car requires more than a reasonable amount of cleaning after your rental. Be aware that if your dog, or any pet, caused unreasonable damage to your hire vehicle then an excess would need to be paid and you would be liable for any costs to repair the car. With that in mind we have compiled some top tips to help look after your vehicle when travelling with a pet.
- Use a seat protector, or a blanket, to stop excess dog hair getting over the seats.
- Be careful when getting the dog in and out of the vehicle to avoid damaging the paintwork
- Make sure your dog is carefully strapped in a safe position in the boot, or a crate. Smaller pets should also be placed in a suitable transportation box.
- Thoroughly vacuum the car after use
- Ensure the car smells fresh for the next user.
The best advice is to treat your rental car as you would your own new car and take care when travelling with your pets. You will have no trouble with anyone.