The 1 day gorilla tour normally starts from Kigali at 5.00am with a 2 to 3 hours drive to Kinigi Park headquarters in Ruhengeri (Musanze). We encourage our prospective guests to stay in Ruhengeri a night before to avoid getting exhausted since waking up very early at 4.30am for breakfast before traveling to the park headquarters is a big challenge. Nevertheless, we have successfully made this one-day gorilla excursion a reality. Briefing for the trackers begins at 7.30am to 8.30am and vehicles begin transporting gorilla trackers to several gorilla trek starting points.
The 1 day gorilla tour will start and end in Kigali.
Very early morning, you will drive a 2-3 hours scenic drive to Volcanoes National Park in Ruhengeri, home of the endangered mountain gorillas to reach early enough by 8:30 am for the briefing before heading in the forest to track the gorillas. This may take 2-8 hours depending on the movements of the animals. On return, your driver will drive you back to Kigali and then to Kanombe airport for your departure flight if it is on schedule.
End of the tour.
Interestingly in Rwanda, guests are allocated a gorilla family on the very day of tracking. The guests who feel physically weak are allocated the nearest groups that only require at least an hour to find.We ensure that whoever is participating in tracking gorillas goes with packed lunch and enough water to drink. Porters to help in carrying your bags can be arranged for you.
- Kigali city tour
- Gorilla Trekking
- Chimpanzee trekking
- Game Drives
- Wildlife viewing
- Photography Moments
- Ground transport in a safari tour mini bus with a game viewing open roof
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary
- All park entry fees for clients, Mineral Water
- Private safari guide
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport
- Airport Pickup & Drops.
- Government taxes, VAT relating to Accommodation
- Local & International flights.
- personal travel insurance,
- Cigarettes, tips, souvenirs and
- Any other items of a personal nature.